Travis Scott‘s return to the festival circuit was a short one last night at the Rolling Loud California festival.
According to a Variety report, published on Saturday (March 4), Travis Scott‘s headline performance at the 2023 Rolling Loud California music festival was cut short due to a strict 11 p.m. curfew time.
A rep for Rolling Loud told XXL that Travis Scott‘s set time was scheduled to start at 9:55 p.m., which would have given the Houston rapper an hour and five minutes to perform. But Travis hit the stage at 10:30 p.m., leaving him with only 30 minutes to perform. To be clear, Rolling Loud didn’t abruptly cut his set.
Travis was midway through his 2018 hit “Sicko Mode” before his music was cut off at 11 p.m. Afterwards, video screens above the stage displayed a message stating goodbye and encouraging people to get home safely. A fan video below captured the moment when Travis’ show ended.
Despite his music being cut, Travis continued to perform before apologizing to the crowd and informing them that he had to leave the stage.
“Thank you very much, I love y’all. I wish I could do more but they’re making me go,” he said, while people in the crowd booed.
But even with his 30-minute set, Travis was able to performed 10 songs, including fan favorites like “Highest in the Room” and “Antidote.”
Travis Scott‘s performance was the most anticipated at the three-day music festival. It marked the rapper-producer’s return to the festival stage for the first time since the Astroworld tragedy in November of 2021. At the Houston festival, 10 people died and hundreds were injured during a crowd surge, which suffocated people while Travis was performing.
Since the incident, Travis has been hit with over 200 lawsuits from concertgoers impacted by the calamity either physically, emotionally or psychologically. So far, the 31-year-old artist has settled one lawsuit out of court with the family of Axel Acosta, a 21-year-old man who lost his life at the festival.